Insurance & Fees
Insurance coverage depends upon each patient's individual health insurance. Here is a worksheet you can download to determine your benefits. In the event that a patient does not have insurance:
- Cash rate available upon request.
Accepted insurance plans:
We accept most major insurance plans including: Regence, Premera Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Kaiser PPO, Aetna, First Choice, United, ASH, Cigna, Lifewise, Ambetter and more. Please call our office for a complete list.
- Please note that many insurance companies now require prior authorization that can not be requested until AFTER the appointment. ASCST will make every reasonable effort to receive authorization, but authorization is at the discretion of the insurance company. ASCST will not be responsible for appealing any denial of authorization. In this case, the patient will be responsible for the cost of service.
- Please note that Medicare does not cover Active Release Technique or other soft tissue modalities, nor will it cover the initial exam.
- A referral from your MD is not generallly required for Chiropractic care, but understand your individual insurance policy.
If treatment is for a motor vehicle accident, make sure to bring:
- The name of your insurance company and claim number.
- The name of your claim adjustor and phone number.
- The name, phone number and address of your attorney (if applicable).
- We do not accept leins, but we do accept PIP coverage.
Be prepared for your first visit:
- Dress appropriately for your condition e.g. shorts or tank top
- Bring a copy of any recent MRI, CT scan, and/or X ray
- ART therapies are interactive and often involve your active participation, therefore do not expect to receive treatment, but rather be active in producing your treatment.
- Exercises and stretches are given to facilitate and reduce the number of treatment sessions required to attend to your condition. Non-compliance with these instructions will prolong the amount of visits required to rehabilitate your condition.
- Many patients experience complete recovery after only 6-12 visits, although this depends on the severity of their injuries. With something that has been present for years or decades expect a little more work.
- You will NOT be asked to sign up for a treatment plan or be treated in an open care environment. The initial exam may take up to 1 hour. Subsequent treatments are conducted in a private room and are 20-30 minutes long.
- We expect all patients to comply with instructions like icing and at home exercises. Non-compliance may result in unnecessary discomfort. This is especially important in the first few visits. The bottom line is that patients get well quickly, completely, and with less expense.
- To save time, you can fill out our intake forms before you arrive at the office on the day of your appointment.
Due to the one-on-one nature of our appointments, there is a 24-hr cancellation policy. Appointments may be cancelled/rescheduled online up to 24 hours before the start time. We ask that you notify us by phone or email for any last-minute cancellations so that we may offer the appointment to another patient.
- Cancellations with less than 24-hr notice will be charged a late cancellation fee
- Missed appointments without notice will be charged the full time-of-service fee